With the release of iOS 7 today there have been a slew of updates for apps. Most of the updates are about the new design, but also bring new features coming with iOS 7.
Here are some of my favorites:
+ All new user interface optimized for iOS 7 and 4″ displays
+ Unlimited background downloads with no time limit
+ Redesigned notifications can be configured to immediately tell you if something new is available or only after it has been downloaded already and is ready to play
+ Redesigned episode list to efficiently jump to show notes, download on demand and indicate which episodes are locally cached
+ Redesigned multi-selection for editing episode properties, scheduling playback and downloading
+ New main menu sidebar to give access to major features quickly
+ New Up Next playback queue to quickly manage and schedule episodes that should be played in a row
+ Redesigned player to give faster access to show notes, Up Next and playback tools. Additionally the player customizes its user interface colors to optically match the podcast cover
+ New Now Playing bottom bar to better indicate what’s currently playing and give access to the player from everywhere
– Organize tasks by goals using projects, then work towards those goals more efficiently by grouping tasks using contexts.
– Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omniâ€™s free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers, and receive updates even when youâ€™re not looking at OmniFocus.
– Create new tasks quickly anywhere in the app, or by sending tasks from other apps such as Safari, Twittelator, or Riposte.
– Plan your dayâ€™s errands by listing nearby contexts or viewing them on a map.
– Receive notifications when a task becomes due, or when you happen to be near a context with available tasks.
– Tell Siri whatâ€™s on your mind, and it can go straight to your OmniFocus inbox.
– Break large tasks up into more manageable steps you can complete and track individually.
– Attach pictures and audio to your task notes, and synchronize them with other copies of OmniFocus.
– Get a Forecast of the week ahead right from the OmniFocus Home screen, tap in to see how due dates fit in with your Calendar schedule.
– Search the current list or your whole OmniFocus database.
Note that OmniFocus 2 isn’t an update but a new app.
* New look and feel
* Sort your “Read Later” article lists! You can order your articles by date, article length, popularity, or shuffle
* Filter your articles by reading time
* Better parsing and organization for videos
* New and improved Sepia theme
* Improved parsing abilities
* Darker splash screen for better night reading experience
* Translated in Spanish, Russian, Chinese and 10 other languages
* Fixed crashes when app opens and on theme change
… and last but not least, Instapaper has a new home at Betaworks!
All in all I already downloaded 50+ updates for my apps today.